This is the list of all the riddles from the 99 Riddles booklet. However, don't expect any answers. You'll have to find them the hard way, by answering the 100th riddle.
1. I come in through no door, and vanish just the same.
2. I grow up and down at the same time.
3. I have six legs, two heads, and two hands, yet I only use for legs wherever I go.
4. I run with no feet and I roar with no mouth.
5. I can run, but cannot walk, I have a mouth but never talk, I have a bed but I never sleep.
6. The person who makes me and the person who buys me have no use for me. The person who uses me couldn’t care less about me.
7. I am often brough to the table but never eaten.
8. I am two lips that cannot speak.
9. I live where there is light, but light kills me.
10. I am easy to lift but hard to throw.
11. I am the least valuable thing you can have in your pocket.
12. You can walk on water with my power, but hold me in your hand, and I’ll vanish in the hour.
13. I speak continuously and you can’t understand me. But look at my face, and you’ll know what I’m saying.
14. I am in a most peculiar situation: I am often returned, although I am never borrowed.
15. I get wetter the more I dry.
16. I am light as a feather, yet not even the strongest can hold me for long.
17. I have many keys, and although I cannot open a single door, I can open hearts.
18. I am made of wood but cannot be cut by the strongest saw.
19. I am a grain of rice that fills the whole house.
20. You can touch me but cannot not see me.
21. I bring light to those who come to me, and give my life for them. But still they say I’m wicked.
22. You answer me although I never asked anything.
23. Poor people have plenty of me. Rich people need me. If you eat me, you will die.
24. I have two bodies joined in one. The stiller I stand, the faster I run.
25. I never was, but always will be. No one ever saw me, yet my existence is undisputed.
26. I am that part of you that gets seen more when it’s cold than when it’s hot.
27. I go up, but never down.
28. I am a frame displaying infinite pictures.
29. I am white when I am dirty and black when I am clean.
30. I come without being called, and I am lost without being stolen.
31. I get sharper the more I am used.
32. I am full of holes, but still hold water.
33. We clap and clap, but nobody hears us. When one of us dies, it cannot be buried while the other is alive.
34. I am that which has been tomorrow and will be yesterday.
35. I go through doors but never come in or go out.
36. I die when you say my name.
37. I am harder to catch the faster you run.
38. I am always in front of you but you cannot see me.
39. When I take five and add six, I get eleven. But when I take six and add seven, I get one.
40. I can hardly be weighed, I cannot be measured with outstretched hands, and I am carried by five.
41. Chop me as you like, I will heal at once.
42. I am made longer by being cut at both ends.
43. I raise the dead and reverse time. I am an instant that lasts a lifetime.
44. When I blink my eyes, you do as you are told.
45. I am that which you can mend with holes.
46. You cannot keep me until you have given me.
47. I have roots that no one sees, I am taller than all, but hardly ever grow.
48. Flat as a leaf, round as a ring, I have two eyes, can’t see a thing.
49. I have a tongue but cannot taste. I have a soul but cannot feel.
50. When you stand up I disappear.
51. I only point in one direction, yet people trust me to find their way.
52. My legs only touch the ground when I am not moving.
53. I jump when walking and sit when standing.
54. I am the part of the bird that’s not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean yet I remain dry.
55. I can run, but cannot walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind.
56. I’m like the letter O, that becomes a C, and like the letter C, that becomes an O.
57. What force or strength cannot accomplish, I perform with a single touch. Small I may be, but I can guard you like a lion.
58. You can swallow me, but I can swallow you just as easily.
59. I divide by uniting and unite by dividing.
60. “Here! Here!” I keep saying, but I have no eyes to see.
61. I dance to the music, although I can’t hear. Even when I stand still you cannot run away from me.
62. I have seas with no water, mountain with no stones and cities with no people.
63. I can be as big as mountains, yet I weigh nothing.
64. I am a well stocked pantry with no door to go in or our.
65. I am served a lot but never eaten.
66. When I move, my body stands still. When I stand still, I lie.
67. I live under a shed but I am always wet.
68. My rain dries all the ground it touches.
69. I am gentle enough to soothe your skin, light enough to fly in the sky, and strong enough to crack rocks.
70. If there are three of me, there’s three. If there are two, there are two. If there is one of me, there are none.
71. I have keys and a lock but no door. I have space but no room. I have an end but no beginning. You can enter but you can’t go inside.
72. I am the size of a penny and have the power to move oceans.
73. If you let me live, I will soon die. Kill me, and I shall live long.
74. I have no end, beginning, or middle.
75. I improve whenever I am broken.
76. I’m sad as I can be. No heart rejoices at my birth, and with a breath I die.
77. I have many wheels but I never move.
78. I get wetter the longer I stay in the sun.
79. I belong to you, but others use me more than you.
80. I am often brough to the table but never eaten.
81. Enlightened those that come to me, though wisdom I posses not. They say I’m wicked, but I have never caused offense to no one.
82. When lights shines I cannot be seen. When light is taken away, I become visible.
83. I am a father’s and a mother’s child, but no one’s son.
84. I am that place where today comes before yesterday.
85. Here I come, yet you cannot see me.
86. When you need me, you throw me away.
87. I look younger the older you get.
88. I can be broken without being touched or seen.
89. I fall time and again, but never break.
90. I am large as a mountain, small as a pea, endlessly swimming in a waterless sea.
91. I have three feet but no arms or legs.
92. I live in the water but I never get wet.
93. I have no feet, no hands, no wings, but easily I soar into the sky.
94. I need to be broken before you can use me.
95. I taste better than I smell.
96. I travel around the world but sit in one spot.
97. I get larger the more you take from me.
98. The shorter I am, the bigger I get.
99. No one wants me, yet no one wants to lose me.
100. I am pure contradiction, desire to be no one’s sleep under so many eyelids.
LET'S PLANT SOME TREES!
I move a thousand times in a single instance.
I hold the sky and hold the earth with my thousand hands and my million fingers.
I consume light and give out shadow.
What am I?
If you enjoy this project, please consider subscribing through the form below. Who knows, maybe one day we will plant a tree together.